Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Stamps

After two days, it still hasn't vanished. I have a new tattoo on my left hand that says "Perfect". I was stamped. Sunday night, at Parking, some ink was deposited on my hand and it's still there. I'm not the kinda guy that doesn't wash, and the ink's tenacity really surprises me.



It's always been a tradition in Montreal clubs, and I still wonder why. If you pay to get in, nobody's gonna check your hands or wrists once inside to see if you bear THE MARK. It would be a ink economy if the fine door people would only stamp those who are going out - in case they come back.

Hell, in some places, you can't even come back if you leave !

Back in the days, when S.A.T. was located in front of the Vieille 300 on Ste-Catherine and had an impressive bathroom with 4 or 6 unisex stalls (can't remember exactly - I was probably drunk every time) I had a strategy : I would go out, piss in Sona's Parking lot, and come back in, instead of waiting 20 minutes in line and miss everything. But my life turned inside out in 2002, when they hosted the 2nd installment of I LOVE NEON with Miss Kittin & the Hacker as the guests. The place was so packed that we had to wait 20 minutes to get a beer, 30 minutes to piss it off, and could therefore enjoy 10 minutes of party for every hour spent on the premises. If you went out, you couldn't come back in. How charming.

On a good week-end, I can have 3-4 stamps on top of the other, struggling for domination on my skin.

I wouldn't want to get a "rave bracelet" every time I go out (Piknic each summer week is enough) but please, promoters : find an alternative. Because of you, people see "Perfect" on my hand and think I'm narcissic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Benson said...

Ah! I can't wait! We'll finally be able to BREATHE ! Yeah !

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Clifford Brown said...

Well I went there on a Sunday... which could explain the "Perfect" since that's what the evening's called.

And the smoking ban... is essential for us non smoking clubbers, if we don't want to look like we're 60 when we turn 40.

Friday, February 24, 2006 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home