Monday, February 13, 2006

Dimitri, From Paris to Montreal

Many things were celebrated yesterday at Parking : the house superiority of Patrick Dream's weekly "Perfect Sundays", St-Valentine's for clubbers, and the launch of Dimitri Yerasimos' new mixed CD "In the House of Love", now out on Defected. Dim has already recorded a two-CD mix for them about two years ago, simply titled "In the House", around the same time he was putting out, with his house-loving pal Joey Negro, the "Kings of Disco" double anthology (out on Rapster Records).



I remember, because I bought both at the same time, in Quebec City, at the Archambault on St-Jean. But I digress.

Being in a shitty mood, following some rather big (bad) surprises over the week-end, I didn't know if I would go, until my friend Filou showed up at my door with his Troïka 60 oz. The only "ingredient" we needed to get the party started.



I don't quite recall everything we discussed, like Russians in front of our glasses, but when we left the house we were pretty plastered. I can't honestly remember if we took a bus or walked to the club.

The place was packed and Dim was already on duty, offering the best soulful house & disco Montreal has heard in a while. He even played Tiga's "You Gonna Want Me", which is a very surprising thing coming from a soulful house DJ - does this imply that electro's crossing more and more borders ? Odd thing as well, he was spinnin' CD's. Not a single vinyl was seen in or around him for the whole evening. Maybe he wanted to travel light ?

I managed to snatch a picture with the French superstar (like a DJ ho', I know) before some angry (and quite ugly, I must say) guy from security threatened to throw me out when he found me inside the DJ booth.



I was way too drunk to dance straight and decided to call it a night. When I left, The Originals' "Down to Love Town" was blastin through Parking's sound system, and I must say it brought me back to these innocent days & nights I spent dancing alone in my living room while listening, at maximal volume, to "A Night at the Playboy Mansion".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home