Monday, August 10, 2009

7 questions for... Damian Lazarus

Montreal is grateful to have Underworld @ Metropolis on August 12th 2009. We are even happier to get Damian Lazarus to open for Underworld for their north american tour. We had the pleasure to get a chat with the Crosstown Rebels owner before the beginning of this tour!


Damian, you've relocated from London to Los Angeles in the last year. How did that come about?

It's been 10 months living in Los Angeles now and I love every minute of it. I live in a pretty cool part of town, far enough away from the noisy people of Hollywood to be happy.

I was just listening to the Rebel Rave USA Special PART 1 on rebelrave.tv earlier. At the beginning of the episode, you're driving a very cool car. Is that your daily drive through the crazy streets of L.A. ?

I drive a 66 Mustang, hard top. I was never really a car freak but it just seemed to suit me here.



You've just finished a world tour promoting your album Smoke the Monster Out on Get Physical, how did that go ?

Every day on this tour is joy. People have responded really well to my debut album and the parties have been amazing.

You're now getting ready to leave on tour again, this time as an opening act for Underworld for their North American tour. Is that any different for you as when you're the headliner ? What can we expect from this performance ?

I have created an hour set which is more sound design than dj set.. there's a bit of djing, a bit of live, alot of experimenting.. its fresh.


You seem to have a "Love relationship" with our neighbors in Toronto ? Is there anything we should do to have you around more often ? Seriously, you seem to go up there quite often. Is the Toronto crowd a favorite of yours ?

I have some very good friends there and the underground scene is really moving forward there. Unfortunately I havent spent enough time in Montreal recently but I hope that is all about to change.

You were up here in Montreal in 2007 @ Stereo for a DJ gig... I have a weird question... Did you get to eat Poutine while you were in town ?

Cant say I tried poutine no but I'm up for anything. I drank habu saki recently (saki with a cobra snake inside).


What's coming up in the next few months for you, for Crosstown Rebels, for rebelrave.tv , etc ?

We have some amazing music coming out on Crosstown Rebels from Laurent Garnier, Glimpse, Deniz Kurtel, Seth Troxler and much more. Look out for a new Lazpod show soon plus a 12" coming of my stuff with a remix by Sasha.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet love lazarus

Monday, August 10, 2009 8:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy the blog, font size is very hard to read...

Monday, August 10, 2009 9:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from mtl, you guys have great taste in music and would enjoy the blog if the font was a little easier to read

Monday, August 10, 2009 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home