Tuesday, August 11, 2009

5 questions for... Billy Dalessandro



Billy Dalessandro, that talented kid from Chicago, has long lived a love story with our fair city and has now decided to officially embrace it by moving here. Dare we say it's about time ? It's time to catch up with our schizophreniac friend.

You recently moved to Montreal. Care to explain why ?
Hoes, music, and the bagels are O.K. No really, I love it here! Bootsy is the shiznit yo, that's my girl! Coming from the USA (specifically Chicago) life gets, mmm, pretty ordinary over there. I haven't moved over to Europe yet, as I like to be close to things at home. Montreal is a fantastic city, for many things, and I feel I get the best of both worlds. Nowhere else do I see this culture as it is here.

How was your european tour ? Any funny anecdotes ?
It was pretty intense, being gone 3 months. Although having a Portuguese agent has benefits. Instead of being stuck in some industrial looking flat in Berlin or some city where they stick you and tell you "techno is the cool here", Soniculture management leaves me close to the beach, with fantastic food and friends, and latin-flavoured shenanigans! Who else gets to pet sheep, donkeys and wild chickens while on tour? Also, Azores is a must see!

How do you see the return of house ? Any plans on joining in ?
Honestly, I find it a step backwards than forwards when it comes to the electronic music industry. Shame shame, I know yo name! I always have plans, for stuff. Nothing specifically related to 'house' music.



Have you seen Tyrone lately ?
Tyrone owes people money, especially Huge Hephner. So he's probably ditched out on Chicago. I think he's somewhere in Montreal proving that degredation can still be a 9 to 5 job.



How has your live set evolved since the last time you performed it here ?
I added some strippers, a portable kiosk for people that need gum and / or glow-in-the-dark glasses while I play, and (finally) got my license in order for my 500,000 watt nuclear-fueled pyrotechnical setup (a must see, really). In and between there I managed to put some more skills together for that new cassette tape I usually just have running in the background while I "jam" on my toys! It's not easy getting white-noise off of that, you know?

Dalessandro plays the Motion night at Daomé on August 15th alongside the Roux Soundsystem boys to celebrate his move to Montreal. Chicago + Montreal = love.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Pepino said...

Can't wait for this one!

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT was funny !

Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home