Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jeff Samuel Gets Dizzy @ Academy Dancehall

Well, what can we say after such a devastatingly good funky minimal evening, except perhaps that I'm glad most of my friends missed it. That way, you see, I'll have something to torture them about for the next sixth months or so, always comparing every minimal set I hear with this one, savoring the fact that they can't possibly 'get' what I'm saying.

I'm such a vicious bastard.

I wasn't too convinced by Samuel's set at first: despite an excellent selection, mostly from labels Poker Flat, Kompakt and Trapez, it seemed to me like he wasn't building toward anything, and he probably wasn't… at first. About halfway through, things picked up majestically and on we went towards musical bliss for the next hour, Samuel concluding his set by kickin' things into high gear from 2h30 'til the end.

From MightyKat's spotless opening set to the end of Jeff Samuel's, this one will stand as a night to remember, and hopefully we'll get many more Dizzy memories at the night's new location.

Great music, great crowd, great place. Dizzy celebrates its 2nd Aniversary next week at Academy Dancehall. Don't miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home