Wednesday, August 26, 2009

5 questions for... H.O.S.H.

H.O.S.H. is a mystery. Holger Behn, the man behind the tracks, is a high flying party machine crafting uncommon sounds for labels such as Diynamic, Kindisch and Stir Vor Talent, and is currently based in Hamburg, Germany. We took some time to chat him up during his first ever date in Canada at Piknic Électronik on August 9th.



You're one of the first artists to have released on Diynamic. How did the label come together, and how much were you implicated?
I was actualy implicated a lot from the beginning on. Solomun and me met around that time and found out we had the same vision of electronic music. We also both produced for a couple of years and kind of shared the same experiences - that people would always like our music, but still wouldn´t put it out because it didn´t fit the sound of their label. So we figured it would be best to form our own label, where we would have complete control. I guess that worked out pretty well.

Please explain the name "H.O.S.H."
I´ve been asked that question a lot, and already have a couple of good explanations, but honestly must say Hosh is just the short form of my nickname "Hoshy", and the dots are just looking good to me. It's also a quite nice tool of presentation because it will stand out, no matter where you are on the flyer!



What's your definition of "modern house"?
Flow, sex, groove, hypnotism, and a certain freshness... and NO, not just chords, which is what a lot of people think at the moment.

If you didn't do music for a living, what would you do?
I love cooking! So maybe a cook, in a small restaurant I would own. But right now, there is nothing else than music for me.



How did you enjoy your Montreal experience, overall?
I think it was a very good. Nice crowd, nice location, and nice atmosphere. It´s gonna be hard for future Montreal gigs to top! I hope you and the crowd enjoyed it as much as I did, and I hope I get back into town soon!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Don Pepino said...

It was an amazing set @ Piknic for sure!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home