Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Touch of Class Never Really Sucked

I first came in contact with ATOC at my record store, when I bought The Ones' "Superstar" 12", in 2002. I wasn't really into their heavy-filtered first hit "Flawless", but this one, with its catchy chorus and funny disco-era analog sound effects, sounded quite nice. After the release of Waldorf's "Fashionist", a couple of months later, I became very interested in the label and kept my ears peeled for any new releases.

I heard both "Fashionist" and "Superstar" a lot in clubs, namely at Soundshaper & Philgood's night @ Unity, called "Digital City". My friend Sarah was doing one choregraphy a week, and she had to choose new songs to dance to, and I helped her a bit in that regard.

I couldn't help being very excited when I heard the news, at the beginning of 2004, that the St. Valentine's I Love Neon party would feature Domie le Touch & Oliver T. Class from ATOC USA. Held Saturday Feb. 14th of that year, the party was everything I expected & more - rapid-fire mixing of all styles expertly blended together to create an unmistakable party vibe that nobody resisted. Taylor Daine was mixed with Laquer - and these boys were pretty much the first ones I heard playing Kitsuné records - and Gloria Estefan mixed with Tiefschwarz. They threw in so many cool remixes or covers of known songs that even the jaded faces that came for the hype were sweat-covered and danced the night away.



They came back last year and the party was as dope as I had predicted it would be. And now they're doing it again this week-end to promote their all-new compilation, A TOUCH OF CLASS STILL SUCKS. The CD is now available in every good record store and features smash hits and amazing remixes by The Gossip, Scissor Sisters, Le Tigre, Services, etc...

It's going down @ the S.A.T. and features openers Jordan Dare and Services LIVE ! Anybody remembering the mental MSTRKRFT remix of their track "Element of Danger" will know right away it's un-fuckin'-missable. And when the sonic onslaught retires, Domie & Oliver will step in to crack up your brain with their magical party bombs. Bombs that make you want to french kiss instead of fighting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home