Monday, June 05, 2006

Eating Minimally at Piknic

My local meteo website had predicted rain, but if it came, it spared Parc Jean-Drapeau, because those of us sane enough to make the decision to go to Piknic will not live to regret it. While those who passed will wake up screaming every night for the rest of their lives.

Just kidding, but man, was it intense !!

I got there shortly before 5, so I guess I missed Troy Pierce, Magda & Marc Houle, but seeing Richie Hawtin & Ricardo Villalobos installing their stuff and starting to kick the shit out of the audience was magnifique. You could say it was loud, almost violent, but I'd rather use the word "fierce" - the beats were hard-hitting and the speakers were crackling.

The place was packed, regardless of the uncertain weather. The sun pierced the clouds from time to time to heat up the floor, which was already on fire anyway. Hawtin & Villalobos were housey all the way, never letting the BPM go down, even when they erratically included Carl Craig's remix of Inner City's "Good Life".

I am usually not the type of guy to get soaked with booze, and I usually need others to spray it on me; Sunday was no exception. Just two minutes after I got off my bike, somebody dropped red wine on my right ankle while hugging me. And in the middle of a nice peak, as I was dancing in the middle of the "floor", under the exact center of Calder's steel monument, I got pooed on by a pigeon. Really nice... It happened to me once at the beginning of a Gay Pride parade, so you could say I'm a pretty lucky guy.


Other than that, we got a very nice sunset and I left around 9, completely exhausted, as people kept dancing and the music kept pumping. See you there next week, same place, same time !

1 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Benson said...

You know too much ! Shhh!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home