Saturday, August 26, 2006

Marathon!

On Thursday night I stopped in at Casa Del Popolo to have a double allonge before the Foreign Islands/Think About Life/Chinese stars show across the street at Sala Rosa. I was at the bar when five slick rockers came in for something to eat. I was already drunk at the time, so it was one of those downhill nights from the get go. We got along fast and when it came up that they were the members of Foreign Islands my ears perked up, having already heard thier explosive singles We Know You Know It, which has now been remixed by Misstress Barbara, and Fine Dining, which has been remixed to delicious perfection by Boys Noize. Not only are they the best punk band I’ve seen in a dogs age, they are also incredibly fun guys, so we all went to Saphir and got mashed on Jagermeister after the show (which was sick, by the way). When I woke up for work, rather hungover, after a scant three hours of sleep, I quickly made plans to hook up with the The Foreign Islands crew later on for some foolishness. After a merciless shift at work, I was on my way home, thinking only of a soft place to lay my aching head, when I ran into them again. They were about to play an outdoor show and were sporting a mitt-full of free drinks tickets. Uh oh. We drank until the show was over (during which time I actually stood up Uffie, with whom I was supposed to do an interview over the phone. Oops), then quickly hit up Divan Orange before charging off to the Junior Boys show. Sick, sick, sick. Everyone was there, so after that we hornswoggled our way in to the Academy Dancehall for Akufen and Ark. Sick, sick, sick. Later on at the afterparty we saw Deadbeat and Jordan Dare play for an extremely local crowd. If you read this blog, you were probably there. Shortly thereafter, this morning, I went to work again, mashed again, and now my roommates are wondering what we’re doing tonight. When am I gonna sleep, goddamnit!?

Jack Oatmon:
Music. Disco Volante
Politics. Mercurius Dystopia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home