Sunday, June 14, 2009

5 questions for... Robert Dietz



It doesn't happen often that a producer with a groove of his own excites us so much. Yet Robert Dietz, whose first release was thrown in the DJ arena in 2008, has a voice of his own, a voice he channels through irresistible samples and raw, groovy house. On the verge of his first North American tour, we had a stop & chat with the man.

Will this be your first time in North America ? What do you expect, and what can we expect from you in return ?
No, it is not the first time for me in North America. I made a trip with my parents through the states in 1999. So... long time no see, and I'm quite excited about the tour. Up there, especially in Montreal, I would love to be greeted by an open minded, sweet party crowd, and I'll do my best to satisfy them with raw house music.



What's the best party city you've recently played at ?
There are too many party cities I could recommend, but to name just a few... Frankfurt, London, Berlin and Ibiza!
Unfortunately for you guys, all of them are in europe. But I hope that you'll convince me that Montreal is one of these cities as well.

Name a label you think will push music forward in 2009.
For me, it's still Cécille Records!


Which artists would you say are your bigger inspiration, and why ?
It is not easy to pick only one artist who has the main influence on me - there are a lot of different artists, from all kinds of music genres, like hip hop, jazz, techno, indie rock... I don't know, influences are coming from everywhere... But my main influences are close friends like Markus Fix (Cécille) and Reboot (Cadenza). We always cheer on each other by sending ourselves our new stuff.




What's the biggest goal you're looking to achieve in the music industry ?
The biggest goal to achieve is to live pleased and satisfied from my music, have a good time with people all over the world, and enjoy fucking life!

Do not miss Dietz as he tears down Salon Daomé this Saturday June 20th at Clifford Brown & Marinelli's Motion night.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home