Monday, March 06, 2006

My Drunken Week-End in Review

Been there, done that :

Thursday night was a good night to eat waffles & drink bad coffee in a cheap joint next to the Belle Province, on the corner of St-Laurent & Ste-Catherine. Formerly known as the prostitutes haven Dunkin' Donuts we'd spend time at when we missed our night bus, coming out of Foufs in the mid-90's, the place has a new name now, and serves bad capuccinos. Spelling mistakes can be found all over the menu on the wall, with gems like "Gaufre Hawayenne" or "Gaufre au Poulet Grillée".



Not so far from there, the S.A.T. was welcoming Cyan, Jan Pienkowski and the Robeat crew for a nice happy hour. There wasn't too many people when we got there sometime after 9, but the place filled up and patrons started dancing when we were about to leave. Nice music, and the Robeat guys were distributing a promo CD that's quite good. Get your kicks !



*

I have heard that the last installment of the Junglist Fridays at Blue Dog was pretty crazy. Didn't go, because I'm not into that scene too much, but some friends reporting for us told me that the place was packed and that they didn't remember their evening too clearly, thanks to the free flowing alcohol in their blood. After five years, I guess the party has to end at one point, and it ended with a bang.

*

On Saturday, I was looking forward to go to Voyeur 02 at S.A.T. and I invited some people over to my place for a preparatory fiesta. I had bought some vodka, just enough to get me & my girlfriend "confortably" drunk - in the zone where you find yourself after 3-4 drinks. Some people showed up with way too much booze and started offering shooters & extra drinks, and we lost some players along the way : a girl wasn't able to stand on her feet, and one puked the night away and decided not to enter the club once we got there.


I was in a strange daze myself, not able to remember all the details of the night. In fact, I think we entirely missed Romeo Kardec's birthday set, and I was able to find out that Kosa's set highly ressembled his set at Parking's Overdose a few weeks ago. I barely remember Jordan Dare's selection. I do fuckin' remember, tho, that the lightning guy went to take a piss for most of the evening, because it was so dark in there I could have wished I was taking a walk up your momma's ass. We left before the night was over and I can't even say if we even said goodbye to anybody.



I guess it was fun, but I'd like to have vivid technicolor memories of the event. Guess I'll have to look at the pictures I took and try to figure out what the hell happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home